Friday, May 4, 2007

5/3: What I Accomplished Today

1. My colleague from the local university finalized and submitted our 4C's proposal. It's a good proposal. I hope it's accepted.

2. Still don't know whether Arthur's going before the committee tomorrow or not; no e-mails on this topic were answered today.

3. Trying to get the placement ID passwords updated. That was supposed to happen this morning, but it doesn't look like it did.

4. Read The Nation, Atlantic Monthly, and Academe. I don't know if it's my mood or the articles, but nothing seemed really interesting today.

5. We watched three lackluster comedians on TiVo. We also rewatched Bob Osborn's Private Screenings with June Allyson and Debbie Reynolds.

6. Finished a premium badge and got the other badges to at least 40% on Pogo.

7. Worked on the Level 22 Human Mage, but didn't level.

8. The BigFishGame today was a Mah Jong thing. What the world doesn't need now is more Mah Jong things.

Playfirst released Chocolatier. I would like to buy this. I have two choices here.

a. I can buy it now from Playfirst Advantages: i. I'd have it now. ii. Playfirst has badges available for many games it makes itself; I checked, and Chocolatier has badges. I am demented for badges. Things I would never, ever do in a million years I will do quickly if I get a badge. (I was an excellent Girl Scout; in my troop, I was the only one to have both the Sign of the Arrow and the Sign of the Star. They were badges! There were holes on my badge sash without them!)

b. If I wait a week or two sometimes a month, Chocolatier will be available on BigFishGames. Advantages: i. It will cost $6.99 as opposed to $19.99. This is the only advantage.

I think I'm impatient enough that I'll probably end up buying it from Playfirst so I can have it now and earn the badges, but it just seems fiscally irresponsible.

9. I put a new water on the counter this morning. That is the only remotely useful household thing I accomplished today.

I have three hours of goofy meetings tomorrow, so I suppose I need to go to sleep. I hate having to go to bed and wake up to an alarm clock. On my teaching schedule, I don't usually need an alarm; I usually start to wake up between 11 and 12, and by 12:30ish, I'm ready to be up, which gets me up in plenty of time to eat and get to 2:00 office hours. Tomorrow's meetings are at 9 at a campus far, far away. Blech.

No comments: