Saturday, January 12, 2008

1/11: What I Accomplished Today

1. I didn't blog yesterday because I was exhausted and went to bed. I slept three whole hours. My schedule is very weird.

2. Both days, I read. I've been reading Karen Armstrong's The Bible: A Biography. Today, the book for book group, The Secret Magdalene, arrived, and I realized I only have about a week to read it, so I got to the end of the chapter in the Armstrong and started the new one. So far, it's sort of an attempt to Magdalene-ize The Red Tent, but with a rather irritating tendency to plop everyone in the New Testament into it, often in ways that so far don't make a great deal of sense. (Spoiler: I'm on page 52, and Mary Magdalene's just turned 13, but so far, it looks like her best friend and foster sister Sabine is going to end up being Simon Magus. Yeah, it's only a little contrived.)

3. I got the Dwarf Rogue to 45, checked statistics and mail, and started the Level 40 Draenei Shaman.

4. Yesterday's BigFishGame was Fashion Rush; there have been several fashion-related time management games over the last few months. I'm not crazy about this one; even with what I think was supposed to be a speed upgrade, the on-screen avatar is noticeably slow and clunky, and the soundtrack is just bizarre and inappropriate.

5. I played a little Wii in the last few days, I think. I also read some magazines.

6. I'm supposed to be starting my final check on my online Comp course; there are two big chunks I haven't written yet, so I haven't finished my final gradesheet, and I also haven't done a final proofread. Guess what I haven't started yet.

No comments: