Saturday, December 8, 2007

12/7: What I Accomplished Today

1. Co-Vivant had part of her toenail removed this morning. Not a big deal, but she spent the day getting over the local; she also enjoyed getting to see the procedure and the shard that had been causing her pain in such, so she was running on adrenaline; the combination of anesthesia and adrenaline meant I had to keep more of an eye on her today than I thought I'd have to. (I thought she'd sleep all day.) But she should feel better now, so that'll be good.

2. Level 39 Night Elf Hunter. Alterac and Stockades. Dinged 40.

3. Television and Pogo badges.

4. Stats and mail checks.

5. Read a healthy chunk in The Jesus Dynasty. I can't figure out this book; sometimes, it seems scholarly and legitimate, particularly in the archaeology sections, but then he makes a bonehead mistake, like confusing "Nazarene" and "Nazirite." I like the approach that he's willing to think through anything whether it's "offensive to faith or not"--but some things that he establishes as possibilities he then treats later as foregone conclusion. No, no, no. I'll accept that it's possible that Simon the Zealot is Simon the brother of Jesus. Possible. But that doesn't mean that, a few pages later, you can outright say, "Simon the Zealot was the younger brother of Jesus," for example. Establishing a possibility does not establish a fact; sixth graders understand that.

6. The BigFishGame looks like a holiday adaptation of Teddy Factory, which has fun potential; I also wanted to play Farm Frenzy. However, it looks like tomorrow we have to figure out foot treatment, and I have to figure out some sort of food for Puzzle Day on Sunday, so I can't fritter all of tonight away.

No comments: