Monday, May 21, 2007

5/20 What I Accomplished Today

1. We won Puzzle Day today.

2. Puzzle Day messes up my sleeping schedule, so I took a nap.

3. When I got up, I helped my Co-Vivant work on her mother's transcript. We finished Volume One, which is what she wanted to submit tomorrow. We'll have to do Volumes Two, Three, and Four this week as well.

4. Reading. I've been whittling away at Paul; slow going, but I'm doing it. Yesterday, I also read The Nation, several issues of Wired, and Entertainment Weekly. Today, I read the last two issues of The Week. I hadn't known either Wally Schirra or Tom Poston had died, so that was sad.

5. We watched the Masterpiece Theater version of Wind in the Willows; it's really hard to mess this material up, and this was a charming production. Matt Lucas, whom we know from Little Britain, did a marvelous Toad. Good, clean, silly fun. (I mentioned that this was the basis for Mr. Toad's Wild Ride at Disneyland, and my Co-Vivant said afterwards, "You know, that helps that ride make some sense.") Now Masterpiece Theater is rerunning Bleak House. I like Bleak House (it's the only major work of literature featuring a spontaneous combustion), but we just saw it last year, and my Co-Vivant thought it a dreadful bore; while it had some humorous bits, it was a little broody. (Yes, of course Dickens is broody, but he's also funny, and this production didn't have nearly enough of that for my taste.)

We watched two other things. Bill Maher (well, the monologue and New Rules). We watched something else, but I don't remember what it was. We also watched some Mad About You.

6. I finished the week's Pogo Badges and a premium badge.

7. Level 27 Night Elf Priest. Finally, finally, finally found the right pass so I could finish the Tower of Althalaxx (level 24 quest). After that, I finished and turned in the Treant levels of Raene's Cleansing. I finished Agents of Destruction and got the Warsong Gulch wood, and I took Howling Vale, Destroy the Legion, and Vile Satyr. I stayed in Forest Song so tomorrow I can start with the satyr wood and Lost Chalice.

8. I've also been playing Nanny Mania. I've finished all 50 levels as the nanny; when you finish those, you choose the next available character, who is the mother. Now the mother levels are easier than the nanny levels, I think, because you don't have the dumb mother taking so many dumb baths, which saves times. Early indications are the third character, whom I haven't unlocked yet, will be the father. This game would be a dream without that hoser mucking up my living room with his muddy feet and messing up everything in the dresser. I don't think I'm familiar with a game that gets easier and easier.

No comments: