Friday, June 22, 2007

6/20: What I Accomplished Today

1. Graded two classes, finished prepping tonight's class, taught tonight's class. I don't have much mojo this summer; I can't get a groove. My rhythm is off. Maybe I could think of more metaphors to indicate I don't feel I'm doing a particularly effective job for the in-person class.

2. Watched last week's Studio City. Everybody was infuriating (particularly Simon). I recognize that this is the sign of compelling characters about whom I care, but I just wanted to sit everybody down and make them "be sensible," and nobody would.

3. Got Pogo badges to at least 40%.

4. Read more in Arthur.

5. Had Level 25 Human Paladin finish the parts of the Midsummer Fire Festival that seem doable. (There are a total of five quests; I think my characters, all nine of whom are between levels 25-30, can realistically finish three of them. The other two are for zones I don't suspect I have any business in yet.) In the process of doing this, she dinged 26. Then I had my Level 25 Draenei Shaman finish the sequence. This sequence takes longer than the orphan sequence; the shaman was about an hour, but she has Ghost Wolf. It took the human paladin 90 minutes to two hours. Blech.

6. Yesterday's BigFishGame is 360 Rome; I enjoyed 360 Paris, so I would probably enjoy this, but I also haven't finished 360 Paris, and I don't enjoy it so very much that I must own the next immediately. It looks like today's game is another three-matchy. Nothing new at Playfirst or Sandlot. (I'm actually not entirely convinced that I can buy anything new from BigFish anyway. If I don't see games I want to download that successfully work on this machine, I guess I'm going to have to cancel my Game Club membership; it's silly to pay for it if their interfaces messes up the downloads.)

No comments: