Sunday, June 17, 2007

6/16: What I Accomplished Today

1. Went to Costco while the lady cleaned our house. We had to buy food for Puzzle Day because it is our turn to cook.

2. Took home the lady who cleans our house.

Now I saw an odd thing in her neighborhood. A young man was running around in spandex top, shorts, and leggings. I didn't notice his shoes, but they must have looked super-hero-ish. He had some sort of goggles or cowl on his head and was wearing his mother's dishwashing gloves (one teal, one yellow) on his hands. Around his neck, he had fastened a towel around his neck so that it draped vertically behind him.

Okay. Now you're thinking, "Oh, what a cute little boy!" Except he was about 14 or 15. He didn't seem to be mentally deficient in any way, and there were two other similarly-aged young men who seemed to be his friends and not people hanging out with him out of pity or because they had to.

Now I'm of two minds of this. On the one hand, I'm thinking, "Oh, for pity's sake, you left your house dressed like that at your age?" And on the other hand, I'm thinking, "Good for you! Do what you feel like doing, and who cares what anybody else thinks! And where do you get off criticizing this young man when you play a lot of computer games while he is at least outdoors getting vitamins A and D."

So where I end up is, "I do think that's odd looking, but nobody made me queen of the world, so
it doesn't matter what I think. You're not hurting anyone, so knock yourself out." (I sort of wish somebody would tell him that the dishwashing gloves aren't really helping the ensemble, but again, who cares what I think?)

3. Got my Level 28 Human Mage to level 29. Got the Missing Diplomat up to Slim in the bar and finished all of the Duskwood quests under 30. I suppose I have to go to Redridge now. Yuck.

4. We watched some television. I don't really remember what it was.

5. Reading for Arthur. Will go do that some more now.

No comments: