Monday, July 23, 2007

7/22: What I Accomplished Today

1. Puzzle Day. Forgot to audit, so we came in (guess!) second.

2. Took a nap. Was awakened because mother-in-law had come over to do more tests for her CE credits and had chosen grammar courses, but the grammar was arcane rules specific to her profession that I'd never heard and were opposed to every handbook I've ever used, so I wasn't much help. (And never, ever awaken someone from a nap necessary because of little sleep the night before so that napper can distinguish objects of a preposition from predicate nominatives. I'm certain the Geneva Convention has provisions against this.)

3. Did my thing on chapter two of Deathly Hallows. Listened to chapters two and three in the audiobook.

4. Worked a little on teaching notes from Great Courses, Volume 3. Should have read more in Arthur; didn't.

5. Finished three Pogo badges.

6. Watched Big Love and several episodes of Mad About You.

7. Today's BigFishGame is Beauty Factory. Looks like a deep, rich simulator, but it quickly degenerates to "Click on the 'Next Week' button until trends change, and then play a not-particularly-fun guessing game with the numbers." I played 48 minutes of it, I think, but I don't need this one.

No comments: