Monday, October 15, 2007

10/14: What I Accomplished Today

1. Puzzle Day. We brought sammich stuff. Then we lost.

2. Took a nap.

3. Level 36 Dwarf Rogue. Desolace.

4. Television and Pogo badges. Watched Bill Maher (only New Rules; everything else just feels like work, lectures delivered by people, most of whom are less informed than I) and Bill Moyer.

Co-Vivant wanted to watch a show that several calendars concur that December 21, 2012 will be the end of civilization as we know it. I'm not convinced. The claim was that the I Ching was one of the concurring calendars, but it was an extrapolation from I Ching that is unconvincing to say the least. The internet spider predictor--oh, for heaven's sake. Interesting coincidences, certainly, but let's not use it to plan, shall we? I know History Channel has to air the occasional sensational piece because they do well in the ratings, but really. (And the hysterical tone of voice of the narrator sounds less urgent than in need of some sort of medication.)

5. I did finish In the Company of the Courtesan last night and started What Jesus Meant because a woman in book group is reading his new book and wants to read this one and the Paul one, which I'll read next; then we'll swap.

6. Level 36 Dwarf Rogue. Desolace. Dinged 37.

No comments: