Sunday, May 27, 2007

5/26: What I Accomplished Today

1. I spelled my Co-Vivant now and then, and we got Volume 3 of the transcript done. We'll pick up the raw Volume 4 tomorrow at puzzle day.

2. Worked on Pogo badges; finished two, and got the other three to 80%.

3. Read the current Teaching English in the Two-Year College. This is usually my favorite of the professional journals; the articles are written by people who actually seem be familiar with teaching college-level students. (Some journal articles seem to be written by people who are utterly unfamiliar with the student concept, and many of the others seem to talk about students as though the teachers were visiting aliens or perhaps Jesuits: "We mean you no harm; we wish to share our knowledge; please do not group together and slaughter us.")

Also read more in Reading Judas. So far, the book offers an interesting, if perhaps simplistic, rationale for the ideas in The Gospel of Judas.

4. Watched forgettable comedy on television.

5. Worked on the to-do list I generated last night, dividing the tasks into little bite-sized chunks. I'm good at little bite-sized chunks.

6. We cook tomorrow for Puzzle Day, so we formulated a meal plan that feeds everyone (including the vegetarian) and involves no cooking (it's late May in the desert; nobody's going to feel like cooking for three or four months).

7. Worked on the first week of my Summer 100.

8. Printed the forms I need for the state & local business licenses.

9. Sent e-mail to the webmaster with questions I had about the website I need to set up.

10. Level 29 Night Elf Priest. Spoke to the Uncorrupted Furblog in Raene's Cleansing. Finished Forsaken Diseases and picked up the new flight path in Forest Song (hurray! hurray! hurray!). Finished Howling Vale and then finished this sequence all the way through Answered Questions; only the Scythe of Elune was particularly difficult. As I finished this, I dinged 30. I picked up the first level of one of the last-tier talents, but I can't remember which. I trained all the level 30 stuff and parked her by the mailbox. Gathered stats and did a mailbox check on everyone; tomorrow, I'll start the Level 25 Night Elf Hunter.

11. BigFishGame for tonight is a Mah Jong thingy. I'm excused.

No comments: