Saturday, June 2, 2007

6/1: What I Accomplished Today

1. Had lunch with a colleague, and we brainstormed several possible topics for next year's TYCA-West. We'll submit a proposal on one.

2. Went to the main campus department office to get a copy of the current edition of a textbook I don't have. Wasn't able to get this book, but it was a good thing I went for two reasons: a. the course I thought was six week is actually 10 week, so that sketch-out, which was very, very nearly done, needs to be redone; b. I might get a third class, which would make less free time, but significantly more moolah. We'll see if it comes about.

3. Finished reading the article on Sethian Gnosticism at the end of the Nag Hammadi collection.

4. For one textbook I don't normally use, I was able to get a copy of the newer edition, which I compared to the previous edition for which I already had activities written; it's not a lot different.

5. Watched All Quiet on the Western Front, which I hadn't seen before. Very enjoyable.

We also watched the "Furnish" episode of Big Ideas for a Small Planet. We watched some other little comedy things, but I don't remember what they were.

6. Worked on my Pogo badges.

7. Level 25 Night Elf Druid. Finished the outside-the-instance Deadmines quests and the Stalvan sequence up until the last one.

8. Today's BigFishGame is some pinata game; it looks like a clickfest. I'm excused.

No comments: