Friday, August 17, 2007

8/16: What I Accomplished Today

1. Went to lunch. Spent birthday gift card on new tennies.

2. Took a nap.

3. Pogo badges.

4. Made logistical phone calls. Blech. Big bore.

5. Watched Gigi. I love this dumb movie. As I was watching it, I also realized that it shares many of its assumptions about passion with the tradition of the medieval romance that I'll be dealing with in Arthur; this could be a more accessible route to the mindset. (One of the NetFlix reviews said, "How could they just train their daughters to sleep with men? It's not right." a. If you're ignorant about the centuries-old tradition of the courtesan, perhaps you shouldn't type in certain situations. b. I'm guessing this reviewer was never a female American teenager.)

6. Level 34 Draenei Shaman. Various Hillsbrad and Arathi quests. Dinged 35. Stats check and mail check. Started Level 30 Human Paladin.

7. Still working on Arthur.

No comments: