Saturday, August 18, 2007

8/17: What I Accomplished Today

1. Went to lunch. We were going to see Ratatouille, but there weren't any afternoon showings.

2. Took a nap. I may have done this several times. It was a nappy, dozy day. (Largely because of #3 and 4.)

3. Read extensively in Arthur. Actually, I finished the reading for Arthur. If you listen closely, you can hear the rejoicing throughout the land.

4. Started writing the Arthur course; finished most of the first week.

5. Level 30 Human Paladin. Various Arathi & Hillbrad quests.

Now hear this: if you want me to sign your guild petition, don't just plop it up in front of me while I'm trying to do stuff. All of my characters are at least level 30, and only one belongs to a guild (and that's sort of an accident). My characters are doing just fine. Why am I, a player with a fair amount of experience, going to join your guild if you don't know that just thrusting your damn guild petition in my face is rude, or if you seem unfamiliar with the fact that putting a guild petition in front of someone at a mailbox is going to close the mailbox interface, where the person was probably trying to accomplish something, or if you seem unfamiliar with the fact that putting a guild petition in front of someone who is at a store or the bank makes it much harder to do what the person is trying to do.

Basically, why would I want to join your guild if you seem ruder, stupider, or less clued than I do?

There's also the basic question of why would I want to join your guild if you don't already have nine friends willing to sign your petition? You are apparently socially challenged and are only forming a guild so you can be the Guild Leader and stoke your ego. No, thank you.

Yes, I have been tempted to sign guild petitions for people paying for signatures. Yes, I know I could take your money, sign my name, and then quit the guild once it's started. What I've decided is that I'm not whoring my name, even though it's a pretend name in a game.

No comments: