Monday, June 11, 2007

6/10: What I Accomplished Today

1. Came in second for Puzzle Day, but we had to go to three puzzles to do it, which means we and the Fellas tied on the main crossword puzzle and on the second puzzle (which was this week's kid's puzzle). Also celebrated our brother-in-law's birthday today, so that was good.

2. Worked on Pogo badges. Won most of them last night, but whittled away at some premiums tonight. Still have to do the Backgammon badge, but didn't feel like I had backgammon rhythm tonight.

3. Finished laying out the Autumn online 101; my division is supposed to move to the next version of our online course management system over the summer, so it was recommended we have our online courses ready to go as soon as possible so that conversion goes smoothly and quickly. I really can't tell you how awe-stricken I am with myself that the whole course, including the gradesheet (which lists every assignment, so I always leave it for last), is done. Hurray!

4. Television. I have no recollection what we watched.

5. WOW. Finally got a good group and got my stupid Level 28 Night Elf Druid through the Deadmines! Did a few other quests, including finally finishing the level 24 quest in the Tower of Althalaxx chain. It's more fun when you're productive, I think.

6. At night while I fall asleep, I've been watching DVD's from The Learning Company, and I've really been enjoying them. I was afraid I'd feel really inadequate ("Oh, geeze, you mean I've taught similar courses for years and never hit this topic? What a maroon I am!"), but that hasn't happened. Of the ones I've seen so far, the instructors obviously emphasize different things than I do, and they go into more detail than I do on some topics and less in others, but it's been interesting to see how much my course and theirs do, in fact, converge. (One of my assignments to help students review MLA format is have them write my list of course resources as a Works Cited List. I had a set of cassette tapes from the library and a video or two; now I finally have a set of DVD's.)

7. Talked to my mother on the phone for a little bit; I was going to call tomorrow to wish a happy anniversary, but I said that today. She said two things; my 25th high school reunion is this summer (not going), and she & my second father will be out for a few days in July, so that'll be fun. The only thing she said she particularly wanted to do was see the Blue Man Group, so I'll see if they're still in town; I know they've left the Luxor.

No comments: