Saturday, August 4, 2007

8/3: What I Accomplished Today

1. Did the month's shopping at Costco and Target. This sucks the soul from a person.

2. We watched It's Not that Easy Being Green. I don't remember if I mentioned this last time or not, but we were both having the eerie sensation that we'd seen Richard before, and then my Co-Vivant realized that he was Major Dick (honestly, that was the name he went by until he was promoted to Colonel Dick; we didn't make that up), the captain of the team who won the first season (maybe the first two) of Junkyard Wars back when it still had Cathy and life was good. That made sense because it would similar coordination of similar sorts of projects. But then Co-Vivant remembered that the other team members had been his brothers; surely they'd want to be involved in this going green project as well? The intro to this show mentions that he's just recently retired from the U.K. military, and all three of the brothers were in the military during the show; since he was the oldest, he would presumably retire first, and then we were concerned that perhaps his brothers were deployed in Afghanistan or Iraq. We hope they're okay.

3. Worked a little on Pogo badges.

4. Level 30 Gnome Warlock. Various Shady Rest Inn sequences. Highperch (dinged 31). Squerto.

5. Played the beta to a game I've very much been looking forward to. It's not what I expected, but it's still familiar enough to feel comfortable yet has enough new features that it's fresh and interesting. I suspect I'll buy it when it comes out.

6. Read a little bitty bit in Arthur.

7. Yes, I know I haven't done much Potter research this week. It is my birthday week. I get to laugh and play.

8. As tomorrow is my actual natal day, I don't want to sleep too late, so I'm going to go to bed now.

No comments: