Sunday, September 23, 2007

9/21: What I Accomplished Today

1. Co-Vivant did various tasks helping family members, so I watched On the Waterfront, a NetFlix movie she didn't want to see again. That was very good. (Several different places in the features and commentary mentioned the analogies between the film and Kazan's HUAC testimony, but unless he thought the Communist Party was an extremely powerful organization with a deadlock on Hollywood, which seems unlikely, I don't think the analogy holds.)

2. Went to the funeral for the husband of a member of my book group.

3. Television and Pogo badges. We watched a Bill Moyers' Journal on Rachel Carson with a woman who has written a one-woman show about her; we both enjoyed this very much.

4. Didn't really feel like WOW, so I just checked various characters' mail.

5. BigFishGame today is Dr. Daisy Pet Vet. Not a bad game, but again, we've all played this approximately 729 times before, and in the nine minutes I played before I was bored, I didn't see anything fresh and new enough to make this worthwhile. I played a little Miss Management instead.

No comments: