Tuesday, September 25, 2007

9/24: What I Accomplished Today

Looks like I've lost a day somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

1. Prepped a class, graded a class, taught a class.

2. Television and Pogo badges. (Well, actually, tonight was less television and more conversation. I should probably be noting that; many nights are.)

3. Put together Co-Vivant's list of stuff she wants for her birthday. She is not a stuff-oriented person, so she seldom remembers what all she has mentioned in passing that she'd like to have; that is my job. However, this year, with all the delightful hullaballoo flying, the accusation has been raised that her list of stuff is stuff I want. Now that's goofy. She likes DVD's; she likes to archive things that way, so she likes to own every season of television shows she enjoys. Me, not so much. She's mentioned several books as well. Now these aren't books I'm particularly interested in; in fact, I've checked both of them out at the library for her to read, and renewed them to boot; neither of us touched them. She didn't happen to be in a reading mode in that six week period, and--well, in those six weeks, I could have finished either of those books 12 or 15 times, and I chose not to read either of them because I'm not interested in them. But everything except the specific business stuff, apparently, is something I want.

I know it's silly, and in a few days it'll be funny, but the very idea that I'm so very, very greedy that I put things I want on her list--oh, well. (Now, to be fair, there was one year in which we needed several household things, and she didn't have any particular things she wanted or needed, so I put them on her list because I had some things I did actively want--and I said right up front that was what I was doing, so we could all share that laugh together. I thought.)

I can't wait for her to turn 50. I know the actual dinner will be fun, and then afterwards, this ridiculous Sturm und Drung should be over.

No comments: